Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga continues to offer all its essential services for whānau during the Covid-19 emergency.
We’re also putting together and distributing food parcels to the community, and doing Covid-19 swabs for whānau referred by medical professionals.
Please note: To keep everyone safe, our main offices remain closed until further notice, and our site is accessible only to visitors with appointments.
Your GP is only a phone call away
We encourage whānau to stay in touch with their GP at Hauora Heretaunga so we can support you in ongoing management of any health issues you have. Delays in seeking care can result in more serious health problems.
All you have to do is phone us on 0800 TAIWHENUA or 06 871 5352, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 6pm.
· To keep everyone safe during the Covid-19 emergency, the TToH face-to-face consultations will be done only when absolutely necessary. In most cases, we will be able to help you via our popular GP call-back system.
Taiwhenua Pharmacy remains open for collection of prescriptions. For seriously unwell patients, we can deliver medications until 2pm on week days.
The community testing station at TToH is open by appointment only. It is not a drop-in centre.
Anyone who feels they have Covid-19 symptoms should phone Healthline - 0800 358 5453 - or their own GP, who will decide whether they should be tested. An apointment can then be made.
Emergency dental care and pain relief is available at TToH by appointment.
Drive-through flu vaccinations and childhood immunisations are available at TToH by appointment.
If your household pantry is in need of a boost with a food parcel, phone 0800 TAIWHENUA. Our friendly call centre staff will take your details.
Phone 0800 TAIWHENUA or 06 871 5352, or email Taiwhenua.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Waiorua respite care
· Rangatahi Support – YP/YPP only
· Supreme Care - Home support for kaumātua
· Te Whare Huakina – Emergency and transitional rental housing
· Te Whare Āhurutanga – Housing for kaumātua
· Te Waireka – Therapeutic residential centre for wāhine
· Te Whare Karamu – Teen Parent residential programme
· Te Wairatahi – TToH contact centre
Please call 0800 TAIWHENUA if you need to discuss anything
Kia haumaru,e noho ki te kāinga