Tamariki - Children
If you would like to know more about any of these programmes, phone 0800 TAIWHENUA or 06 871 5350.
Ask for our Registration Centre, Te Wairatahi. The friendly staff there will help you.
My baby needs a GP
High quality, low cost healthcare for the whole whānau at our award-winning Medical Centre, Hauora Heretaunga. We offer Free GP visits for all enrolled whānau under-25. Then it’s only $16 a visit.
To find out more about how our medical teams can support you, go to Free GP.
Please note, enrolments at Hauora are subject to availability.
Be an Awesome Parent
Get the skills to raise strong, beautiful tamariki. All you have to do is ask us how. Here are some of the ways that we can assist you in being an awesome parent.
- Having a Baby? Congratulations! Whanake Te Kura is a fantastic kaupapa for all pregnant women - and their partners.
- FREE health checks for baby and practical advice for Mum - at your place or ours. Enrol with Well Child Tamariki Ora
- Need help to set things up and get your tamariki off to a flying start? Family Start can help.
- FREE 20 hours a week, plus play, adventure and bilingual learning are part of the pre-school experience for tamariki aged 2-5, at Te Tirahou Childcare Centre.
- Poipoia Te Mokopuna can prepare your baby for pre-school. Talk to the Family Start team.
- Incredible Years is a proven success in giving parents the confidence and skills to do a great job of raising their tamariki. Talk to the On Track team.
I’d like to talk to someone confidentially
We have many ways to help you, ranging from a friendly chat to counselling or therapies, clinical consultations or community care and support. Phone 0800 TAIWHENUA or 06 871 5350