Cultural, Sporting and Academic pursuits are an important aspect of personal, Whānau, hapū and iwi development.
Is to encourage and to recognise the pursuit of excellence undertaken by Ngāti Kahungunu ki Heretaunga members.
This application applies to:
Individuals or teams who:
- Whakapapa directly to Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga Marae/Hapū and are registered members of Ngāti Kahugunu iwi inc. (NKii)
- Not for Profit Ngāti Kahugunu affiliated Community Groups / Organsiations, Marae/Hapū within Heretaunga.
- Are nominated or supported by a Heretaunga Marae to receive sponsorship.
- In the situation of a representative team that consists of eligible members, a contribution is made to the team/group, not to individuals
- in the situation of Ngā Mataa Waka registered members residing in Heretaunga a letter of support from Te Aranga Marae must be attached to the application
In addition to meeting of the above criteria, successful recipients will be required to attend that Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga Annual General Meeting to make a public acknowledgement subsequent to receiving sponsorship, and fulfil any other responsibilities agreed upon regarding benefits to Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga.
Grant/Team Sponsorship Application Form