Rangatahi - Youth
If you don’t have a Rangatahi Coach, or you’d like to know more about any of these programmes, phone 0800 TAIWHENUA or 06 871 5350.
Ask for our Registration Centre, Te Wairatahi. The friendly staff there will help you.
We have a whole team of Rangatahi Coaches to help you with things like:
• School and education goals
• Getting ready for training or jobs
• Sorting out personal problems
• Confidential advice and support
• Access to FREE healthcare
• NEET, YP and YPP payments
I need to see a GP
High quality, low cost healthcare for the whole whānau at our award-winning Medical Centre, Hauora Heretaunga. We offer free GP visits for all enrolled whānau under-25. Then it’s only $16 a visit.
To find out more about how our medical teams can support you, go to Free GP
Please note, enrolments at Hauora are subject to availability.
We all want to be healthy and happy, but sometimes life gets in the way and we need a bit of support .
That’s why TToH has teams of qualified, professional staff who work holistically with whānau, to help them work toward wellbeing.
To find out more, go to Wellbeing
If you know someone who is unwell and would like some help, phone 0800 TAIWHENUA and ask for our registration centre, Te Wairatahi.
If the situation is serious, please phone 111.
I want to get my life on track
We have community-based healthcare and life skills teams to help the whole whānau.
This includes FREE health checks, learning to cook healthy kai, managing your money, keeping yourself and your whānau healthy, and setting your goals in life.
Find out more at On Track
I’m having a hard time at school
Talk to your Rangatahi Coach. They can help you sort it out. Your education is important.
I want to continue my studies. Can you help with fees?
Every year, TToH offers some Tertiary Scholarships to Rangatahi studying full time at an NZQA-approved tertiary institution.
Full details of eligibility and how to apply are available on our Tertiary Scholarships page.
I need to get my Driver Licence
Talk to your Rangatahi Coach about whether you are eligible to sign up for the Takatū Rangatahi driver licence programme, more information here #Learners2Earners
I’m pregnant and not sure where to turn
Talk to your Rangatahi Coach. Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga can support you in many different ways.
Be an Awesome Parent
Get the skills to raise strong, beautiful tamariki. All you have to do is ask us how.
- Having a Baby? Congratulations! Whanake Te Kura is a fantastic kaupapa for all pregnant women - and their partners.
- FREE health checks for baby and practical advice for Mum - at your place or ours. Enrol with Well Child Tamariki Ora
- Need help to set things up and get your tamariki off to a flying start? Family Start can help.
- FREE 20 hours a week, plus play, adventure and bilingual learning are part of the pre-school experience for tamariki aged 2-5, at Te Tirahou Childcare Centre.
- Poipoia Te Mokopuna can prepare you and your baby for pre-school. Talk to the Family Start team.
- Incredible Years is a proven success in giving parents the confidence and skills to do a great job of raising their tamariki. Talk to the On Track team.
- Te Whare Karamu – An award-winning residential programme for teen parents. Learn how to care for baby, engage in education, training or employment, and prepare for independent living. Talk to the Family Start team.
NEET, YP, YPP
Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga provides Rangatahi Coaches to work with those enrolled in NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training); YPP (Young Parent Payment); and YP (Young Parent) programmes.
Struggling with Addiction?
Te Poutama Tautoko is a team that specialises in drug or alcohol addiction therapies for ages 17-plus. It’s free, confidential, and available in Napier, Hasting and Central Hawke’s Bay.
To speak to a counsellor, phone 0800 TAIWHENUA
We have a team dedicated to helping young people aged 10 – 17 deal with serious anti-social behaviours.
To talk to someone in our Multi-Systemic Therapy team, phone 0800 288 222
I’d like to talk to someone confidentially
We have many ways to help you, ranging from a friendly chat to counselling or therapies, clinical consultations or community support and care.
Ask your Rangatahi Coach. Or phone 0800 TAIWHENUA or 06 871 5350.