The Incredible Years
The Incredible Years is a research-based programme that aims to increase children’s social skills at home, early childhood centre and school. It has also been found to be helpful in reducing aggression and behaviour problems.
The programme also helps to:
· develop positive family relationships
· provide parents with strategies to prevent misbehaviour
· provide a support network for parents
What the course covers:
· play / special times
· praise & rewards
· effective limit setting
· preventing & handling misbehaviour
· problem solving
- for mothers, fathers and caregivers only (sorry no children) – bring a support person if you wish.
- the programme is suitable for those caring for children between 3-8 years.
- Each session runs for 2.5 hours.
- 14 sessions in total.
- breaks for school holidays.
- is run in a small group (14- 18 adults), with 2 trained facilitators.
- no cost
For more information contact Janelle and see the expression of interest form below.
Tel 06 871 5350 Ext 7890