The Incredible Years
Taiwhenua programme changed our lives
“We strongly recommend this positive parenting course".
"We feel we now have the tools to cope with any anti-social behaviour our feisty little daughter can dish out".
She is a little ray of sunshine in our home. We are so grateful for this course. It gave us skills that are effective, rewarding and easy to remember.”
The Greer family were having a hard time dealing with the behaviour of their four-year-old daughter. Their family life had become difficult.
They decided to enrol in The Incredible Years, one of the parenting programmes run by Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga.
The warmth and empathy that the Greers encountered at TToH gave them confidence they had made a good choice. And as they progressed, they learned a lot about themselves, their daughter, and some great parenting techniques.
Their whole household became calmer and happier. By the end of the course, the Greer family’s home life had been transformed.
To find out more about Incredible Years, go to ttoh.iwi.nz or phone 0800 TAIWHENUA.
The Incredible Years, offered here at TToH, is a research-based programme that aims to increase children’s social skills at home, early childhood centre and school.
It has also been found to be helpful in reducing aggression and behaviour problems.
The programme also helps to:
· develop positive family relationships
· provide parents with strategies to prevent misbehaviour
· provide a support network for parents
What the course covers:
· play / special times
· praise & rewards
· effective limit setting
· preventing & handling misbehaviour
· problem solving
- for mothers, fathers and caregivers only (sorry no children) – bring a support person if you wish.
- the programme is suitable for those caring for children between 3-8 years.
- Each session runs for 2.5 hours.
- 14 sessions in total.
- breaks for school holidays.
- is run in a small group (14- 18 adults), with 2 trained facilitators.
- no cost
For more information contact Kellyann Paku-Cooper , see the expression of interest form below.
Tel 06 871 5350 Ext 7890